ARE YOU A STUDENT CONSIDERING A CAREER IN THE RENEWABLE ENERGY SECTOR OR A BUSINESS LOOKING TO UPSKILL/RESKILL YOUR WORKFORCE IN SUSTAINABLE ENERGY?
TO REQUEST FINANCIAL SUPPORT, APPLY BEFORE 11 OCTOBER 2020!
We are delighted to announce the launch of the third year of our Support Scheme for Renewable Energy Studies/Training.
Last year we provided funding for course books for student Tom Adamson from Embo, Sutherland near our Kilbraur Wind Farm. We also provided the McInnes Group with financial support to upskill its workforce in installing renewable heating systems with training from the University of the Highlands and Islands. In 2018, we supported student Ryan Bell from South Lanarkshire with funding to help with his course in wind turbine maintenance.
If you know of any young people in your area studying or planning to study courses related to renewable energy tell them to apply to our support scheme! Or if there is an organisation in your area which would benefit from funding for training in the area of energy sustainability or renewable energy, then please encourage them to find out more.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications to the Scheme must be submitted by completing the: ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
13 July 2020 – Launch of the support scheme, announcement on the Community portal, contact Trusts, universities and colleges
11 October 2020 – Close of application period
18 October 2020 – Judging applications/submissions
20 October 2020 – Contact successful applicants
- Applicants must be 16 or over at the start of the course.
- Eligible applicants are those individuals living in Falck Renewables UK wind farm community areas.
- Applicants must be studying a qualification that would help them gain professional skills they can use in the renewable energy sector.
- All applicants must complete the online application form, including details of a referee who is willing to support the application.
- The annual fund of £ 6000 will be shared between the successful applicants.
- Falck Renewables may decide to provide a portion of the support applied for.
- Falck Renewables will cover expenses which assist the applicants to complete their course. Eligible expenses include travel/commuting costs, training materials (books, software), internet connection and equipment.
- The successful applicants must provide receipts or evidence of all their expenditure.
- Evidence that the applicant is registered and attending the course will be required before any money is paid.
- Applicants may be asked to repay funds if they fail to complete the course.
- Applications will be considered by a committee made up of Richard Dibley, Managing Director Falck Renewables, Jamie Steel, Asset Manager, Vector Renewables, and Erin Hunter, Community Liaison Manager, Falck Renewables.
For more information, please contact:
Erin Hunter, Community Liaison Manager, email@example.com Tel. 0784 1423007