ARE YOU A STUDENT CONSIDERING A CAREER IN THE RENEWABLE ENERGY SECTOR OR A BUSINESS LOOKING TO UPSKILL OR RESKILL YOUR WORKFORCE IN SUSTAINABLE ENERGY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM?
TO REQUEST FINANCIAL SUPPORT, APPLY BEFORE 26 OCTOBER 2022
We are delighted to announce the launch of our 5th Support Scheme for Sustainable Energy Studies and Training.
In 2020 we supported five students from communities around three of our UK wind farms. They used the funds to help pay for accommodation, wi-fi, course books, laptops and travel expenses. Last year we provided funding for a further two students who used it to help with their studies.
If you know of anyone in your area studying or planning to study subjects related to renewable energy, encourage them to apply to our support scheme! Or if there’s an organisation in your community which would benefit from training in the area of energy sustainability or renewable energy, please let them know about this funding opportunity. In 2019 for example we provided funding to McInnes Group to help them retrain their workforce in installing renewable heating systems.
DOWNLOAD THE LEAFLET OF THE SUPPORT SCHEME FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY STUDIES
HOW TO APPLY
Applications to the Scheme must be submitted by completing the online application form available here
6 September 2022 – Application period opens
26 October 2022 5pm BST – Deadline for applications
Beginning of November 2022 – Applicants informed about the outcome of their application
2 November 2022 – Successful applicant announced at Falck Renewables’ Sustainable Communities Forum
- Applicants must be 16 or over at the start of the course.
- Eligible applicants are those individuals living or studying within a 60-mile radius of (which are located in Scotland, Yorkshire and Wales: https://community.falckrenewables.eu/communities/). As part of our Sustainability Charter, we always support the development of new talent in the local communities that host us. Therefore, priority will be given (but not limited) to applicants from the areas surrounding our wind farms and organisations operating in those local communities.
- Applicants must be studying for a qualification that would help them gain professional skills, knowledge and competencies that they can use in the renewable energy sector. Be clear in your application how your studies are aligned to this sector.
- All applicants must complete the application form, including details of a referee supporting their application.
- Evidence that the applicant is registered and attending the course will be required before any funding is provided.
WHAT THE FUND CAN COVER
- The annual fund of £6,000 will be shared between the successful applicants.
- Falck Renewables may decide to provide a portion of the support applied for.
- Falck Renewables will cover expenses which assist the student to complete their course. Eligible expenses include travel/commuting costs, training materials (books, software), internet connection and equipment.
- The successful student must provide receipts or evidence of all their expenditure.
- Applicants may be asked to repay funds if they fail to complete the course.
For more information, please contact:
Erin Murchie, Community Relations Manager UK, Falck Renewables,
email@example.com, Tel. 07841423007